The heart of Notre Dame Academy lies in the Catholic faith, rooted in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and inspired by our foundress, St. Julie Billiart.
This tradition is nurtured by Campus Ministry, a program that provides young women with opportunities to explore and grow in their faith and to become self-confident leaders who use their gifts to serve others. Campus Ministry supports the Notre Dame Academy community in living the Gospels as well as fostering a lifelong commitment to service and a true respect for the dignity of each person. School liturgies, retreats, and prayer services create a community of faith in which our catholic identity is integrated into the experience of community, worship, and social concern. These activities are open to students of all faith traditions.
Mission & Goals
- Create a community of faith in which the Christian message, the experience of community, worship, and social concern are integrated.
- Develop the whole person in relationship to self and others.
- Provide meaningful experiences of God and the community, which empower students to ask questions which will enable them to understand and embrace their faith.
- Recognize the gifts and talents of each student and empower her to exercise those talents in ministry and service.
- Explore the partnership shared with family by soliciting their support and involvement.
- Be a resource to students, staff, and families by providing spiritual direction, information, texts, and/or contacts that may promote further growth in one's Christian journey.
- Present an image of Church that is global, reaching beyond our school community
Director of Campus Ministry
Mrs. Paula Isakson