Mission & History
Teach Them What They Need To Know For Life."
- St. Julie Billiart
Notre Dame Academy's philosophy of education is built on the belief that education should prepare students for their roles as women in the world. We wish to provide our students with the opportunity to become more aware of what is happening in their lives and to assume responsibility for themselves and their community. In order to learn to make responsible choices, Notre Dame students have the freedom to learn in a school dedicated to high academic standards, and to involve themselves in the community, both utilizing its resources and serving its people.
- 1950: SISTERS ASKED TO OPEN AN ACADEMY FOR GIRLS
- 1951: NDA WORCESTER ESTABLISHED
- 1953: GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY HELD
- 1955: BUILDING COMPLETED
- 1990: CAMPUS EXPANDED
- 1993: MULTI-MEDIA LIBRARY OPENED
- 2009: ACADEMIC BUILDING WIRED AND RENOVATED
- 2011: HERITAGE CHAPEL COMPLETED
- 2014: NDA CONNECTED WORLDWIDE